Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Marbled Brownies



It's National Brownie Day and on a holiday like this,
regular fudge brownies won't cut it. Cream cheese is
a brownie's best friend, but unlike many cream cheese brownies this one doesn't have a cream cheese frosting, instead the cream cheese is inside the brownie. This recipe makes a treat that is the perfect compromise of a brownie and cheesecake...a perfect dessert!


Cream Cheese Brownies

Ingredients

  • 1 pkg box brownie mix
    • 1/4 cup water
    • 2/3 cup vegetable oil

  • 1-8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened

  • 3 tbsp butter, softened

  • 3 tbsp granulated sugar

  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 tbsp all-purpose flour

  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 ºF. Grease and flour bottom of 9x13-inch pan. I use a oil spray with flour in it.
  2. Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth in mixing bowl. Mix in sugar, egg, flour and vanilla. Beat until smooth; set aside.

  3. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. (Mine called for 3 eggs instead of 1.)

  4. Spread half of brownie batter in prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter. Spoon dollops of remaining brownie batter over top. Swirl brownie and cream cheese batter together with a knife or spatula.
  5. Bake at 350 ºF for 22 to 24 minutes or until set. Cool the brownies completely. (I set them on a cooling rack!) Chill about 2 hours. (We're also freezing some of ours!)

3 comments:

Diane Cañate said...

I apologize for the subpar photo. It was definitely taken with my iPhone because I was in a rush. It really doesn't do the brownie justice and you can barely see all the marbling, but believe me you will not be disappointed!

Anonymous said...

The brownies were wonderful, melt in your mouth wonderful. The were soft and not crunchy like some brownies. I couldn't stop eating. . .. My waist thanks you Diane for not bringing in the whole pan.

Cindy

Melanie said...

Yum, this was great!! I loved the addition of cream cheese to the classic treat. I don't think I've ever had a brownie with cream cheese before, nor did I know that it was national brownie day(clearly, I need to get out more often). thanks for helping me branch out! My favorite so far!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails