Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy National Pancake Day...sort of

IHOP has proclaimed today National Pancake Day! The tricky thing about food holidays is that they often have conflicting dates, but since I love to celebrate and love pancakes even more, I am happy to get in on the festivities ANYTIME! Today from 7am until 10pm, you can get a free short stack (3) of pancakes at IHOP.

They are not only promoting their pancakes, but also raising money for charities. In return for free pancakes, they hope you will choose to leave a donation. This year, IHOP hopes to raise $2.3 million for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and other local charities.

FYI--"Pancake Day," or Shrove Tuesday, is usually celebrated on Fat Tuesday, which is actually next Tuesday, March 8, but we're happy IHOP decided to celebrate the day a week early...cause now we get to celebrate twice!

1 comments:

Laura Cañate said...

I wish I wasn't sick today so I could enjoy pancakes, but I will be happy to chow down next Tuesday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails