Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Diane Can Cook!


For awhile I tried to blend my two worlds: culinary and everything else, but let's be honest...It has not been working. My love for all these gastronomical has transcended the occasional blog post about food and I have now created a blog that will focus specifically about all things food.

My goal is to get people as excited about food as I am. Food is such a broad indiscriminate term, so I speak in terms of gastronomy, which means knowledge of food, but really studies how food connects with culture. Food is an integral part of every culture and has been a large part of my personal culture. Through this blog I hope to discuss everything from food trends to classics, easy and expert recipes, reviews of new and old restaurants, and everything in between.

I am so pumped to get started and have to give thanks to a few people* who encouraged me to really get going. Please comment, request reviews of restaurants, and ask questions about food. (As some of you know, I have already started commenting about food on a former blog and will include those posts below herein.)

Disclaimer: I do not claim to be a gourmet or even a foodie, but I love learning about, making, and eating food.

* Spencer "Juicy" LaCouture, Laura Cañate, Sean Wilson, and Liz Anderson.



7 comments:

sarahjanedaily said...

why does sean get special thanks and not me? why?

Suzie Soda said...

Love it. Fun new blog. I have had a recipe club for 5 years...I am right there with you. Food is my life. xoxoxoxo

gina bina said...

Thanks for sending me the link! We missed the Dine-o-Round this season...but in the past we've been able to try some great restaurants that we otherwise would never justify. I was sorry to hear that you didn't like the Met. We loved it!

maeveinthecity said...

yummy! love the new look!!!

SW said...

I'm into the new look. I can't wait to see whats next. Hopefully, its a chocolate factory.

Also, special thanks to you for the special thanks.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

thanks for the shout out-i supposed my support lies in the fact that i told you to just start a new blog instead of categorizing your other one. go me! but i'll take it. love ya!

gina-dine o round goes till the 27th!!

Jamie said...

I love it, Diane! I'm interested to try some recipes... I'll be sure to check back often.

Related Posts with Thumbnails