Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

Whether it's custard, gelato, frozen yogurt, or old fashioned churned ice cream...nothing says summer like a frozen treat on a cone. Sometimes I love to pig out at home with a pint of Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Caramel Fudge or Haagen Daz's Five: Mint, but the best way to enjoy ice cream is with friends!


Here are a few of my favorite places to cool down:
  • Nielsen's Frozen Custard- Get creative in concocting a custard concrete ASAP. It's worth the calories, trust me!
  • Thomas Sweets- Producing hand-crafted small batches of ice cream and chocolate daily...(p.s. some locations are cash-only!)
  • The Dairy Godmother- Located in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, Virginia. Check out their Flavor of the Day Forecast and drop by for frozen custard.
  • Tasti D-lite- Once only available in NYC, it's now spreading it's low-calorie creamy goodness across the country. 
  • Red Mango- I love this all natural, non-fat frozen yogurt all year long, especially when I can meet up with my dear friends Sarah, Ben, and Ali! Make sure to get a club mango card to earn reward points! (Look out for the seasonal flavors, my favorite is Pumpkin!)
What are some of your favorite places to cool off? (FYI all you silent followers, this is not a rhetorical question!)



4 comments:

Lisa said...

I tried the shake shack for the first time in NYC last month…I am still dreaming of Rocky Road with giant pieces of brownie and yummy marshmellow..I can't wait to go back..

BT said...

Red Mango with the crew = next week

sarahjanedaily said...

sad, but true - i've been to each place mentioned.


RM Crew 4 Life.

Danielle said...

Scoop Grill & Homemade Ice
110 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-3208 (703) 549-4527

They only take cash and it is worth going to an ATM!

Related Posts with Thumbnails