Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sprinkles at Home!

Most would agree that the Beverly Hills Sprinkles bakery started the cupcake craze that's in full swing today. I have been to the original location and tasted a variety of flavors including the chocolate and red velvet. With hesitation, I admit to being underwhelmed at first bite. I thought, perhaps, the hype of the first insanely popular cupcake shop had gone to its head and the product had lost its spark. Luckily, before I swore off Sprinkles forever, a friend suggested we try making Sprinkles Vanilla Cupcakes at home with their baking mix from Williams-Sonoma. Boy, am I eating my words!

You'll get step-by-step directions on how to make the cupcakes, a recipe for their fluffy vanilla frosting, and Sprinkles signature confectioners dots. Be patient and precise and you will be rewarded with some of the most flavorful vanilla cupcakes you've ever had. Here are a few parts of the Sprinkles process which I think makes a huge difference:

#1: Let the milk, eggs, and butter come to room temperature! Having cold ingredients really disrupts the smooth texture of the cupcake.



#2: Let the batter (which is more the consistency of a dough by the end) absorb each portion of the milk fully before adding the next portion.





#3: Each package of mix makes only 12 cupcakes. It seems like the cups are too full, but believe me the division of batter is right on!



#4: Try your hand at making the signature swirls around the outside of the cupcake. Sprinkles has graciously included their frosting tricks and tips. Go for it! Even though you're at home, give yourself the royal treatment!



Have you tried any of Sprinkles cupcakes at home? Comment and let me know! As for me, I cannot wait to try out another flavor!

1 comments:

Emily said...

Who knew a cupcake mix could taste so delightful and wonderful?! Sprinkles cupcake mixes from Williams-Sonoma rock (especially for those of us who are not privileged to live close enough to the Sprinkles stores).

Related Posts with Thumbnails