Thursday, October 20, 2011

Roasting: A Cornish Game Hen

This week I took a cooking class through one of my local cooking stores. It was so fun and I learned a lot of basic techniques, that I had a lot of misconceptions about. When the class was over, we got to take home a Cornish game hen to practice our skills.

I did a quick chiffonade on some basil, let some butter soften, but a dash of salt and pepper and mixed it to create an herb butter. Then use used my finger and released the membrane of the Cornish game hen skin and put the butter under the skin, being sure to get some on the leg butter. Then rub, rub, rub.


I then seasoned the bird liberally with salt and pepper...squeezed a quarter of a lime over the top and then threw the lemon into the cavity of the bird.

Put in the oven at 450 degress for 30-35 minutes and...

Voila!


The skin on the Cornish game hen was crispy and tasty. The meat was moist, juicy, and ohhhh so flavorful! 


...turns out I can roast poultry like a pro!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails