Monday, May 31, 2010

Bagels & Doughnuts

I know breakfast should be nutritionally balanced, but every now and then bagels and doughnuts call my name! I love making homemade donuts and I've never even attempted a bagel. But thank God for Murray's Bagels and Doughnut Plant in NYC:

Murray's hand rolled bagels are softer than any bagels I have ever had, thanks to New York City water, or so say the regulars. Traditional toppings of capers and lox, and a few new ones such as scallion tofu and vegetable tofu "cream cheese," are bound to put any bagel lover over the moon! Now onto the doughnuts...

Opening in 2000, Doughnut Plant dares to be different by serving cake and yeast doughnuts with exotic flavors like rose petal and ducle de leche. My favorite flavor is their signature square jelly doughnuts, yes square! Not only is it fun eating a square doughnut, but the jelly is so tasty and balanced (see smiling faces below).


As with any good thing, the lines at Doughnut Plant and Murray's Bagels can wrap out the door! However, the lines move quickly and believe me...the food is worth the wait!

2 comments:

Chef Tess said...

Rose petal doughnut sounds heavenly...and square doughnuts sound so hip!

City Sweet Shop said...

Begels and doughnuts are my kind of breakfast!....definitely worth the wait.

Related Posts with Thumbnails