Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Groundhog Day!



Today is Groundhog Day, the day we look to Punxsutawney Phil to tell us how long winter will be, at least I do! If you haven't heard, this year Phil didn't see his shadow which means and early spring! For most of you across the U.S. having an crazy snow day, this news is great! So, inspired by the movie Groundhog Day staring Bill Murray as Phil, I will celebrate by eating and talking about coffee shop fares. At one point, in Groundhog Day, Phil realizes there are no consequences to eating whatever he wants, so naturally he gorges on pancakes, pastries, and downs coffee by the carafe. Although I would never want to be stuck living the same scenario day after day, I do think eating my favorite foods in excess would not be a bad way to endure.

So today, join me in cooking up some pancakes and pastries or heading to your local coffeehouse and celebrate an early spring!

1 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

woo hoo! and cute idea...we'll have to do this next year, since i already have dinner plans for tonight. but i do plan to watch the movie on netflix...

Related Posts with Thumbnails