Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Don't Come Empty Handed!

It's quite the treat to be invited over to someone's home for a meal, especially one like Thanksgiving. Any good guest knows one shouldn't show up empty handed! So be a thoughtful guest and show your appreciation with a small token. Below are some last minute gifts I love to receive, when I am hosting guests:

  • Baked goods! I love when my guests bring something they have made! It's a great last minute gift and extra food is always appreciated.
  • Specialty Drinks: Seattleites are all about local products, so local wines are always a crowd-pleaser, but if there are a lot of non alcohol drinkers, I love Twelve beverage. It's more sophisticated than soda and a nice change from sparkling cider. It's sold at specialty store like Whole Foods and Wegmans, and can also be found on Amazon.com.
  • Florals/herbs: I love getting florals, they brighten up every room and holiday! For the chef host planted herbs like a rosemary plant are aromatic and useful!
Are you having Thanksgiving dinner as a guest or a host? Either way, show thanks for your hosts and guests the edible way!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails