Tuesday, November 2, 2010

'Tis the Season

Here is what we made and ate for Thanksgiving Dinner 2009
It's November 2nd and I could not be happier because it's the beginning of my favorite time of year! I love the smells, the sounds, and the spring people have in their step! What signals the start of the holiday season for you? Here is what does it for me:
  1. Starbucks Holiday cups have arrived!
  2. Pumpkin-flavored anything. I made pumpkin eggnog ice cream! (recipe to come soon!)
  3. Saw my first Black Friday commercial today for Macy's.
  4. The smell of pine and cinnamon sticks. 
  5. Food Network has started their Thanksgiving-themed shows and menu plans! Below is my favorite menu so far, although lots of other menus have great dishes too! I'll be trying out a bunch of recipes this month to get ready for the big turkey day!
Alton Brown's Thanksgiving Menu
Recipes courtesy Alton Brown

Everyone's favorite chef scientist leaves nothing to chance: From squash soup and garlic mashed potatoes to sky-high apple pie, his recipes are surefire hits.

Drink: Fresh Cranberry Cosmo
Appetizer: Citrus Marinated Olives (courtesy of Food Network Magazine)
Main Dish: Honey Brined Smoked Turkey
Side Dish: Not Your Mama's Green Bean Casserole
Side Dish: Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Side Dish: Tart Cranberry Dipping Sauce
Side Dish: Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Cheese
Dessert: Super Apple Pie
Dessert: Easy and Delicious Pumpkin Mousse

1 comments:

Chicken Recipes said...

Nice Recipes thanks for share.

Related Posts with Thumbnails