Sunday, October 19, 2008

Recipe: Not Yo Mama's Banana Cream Pie

I love bananas. I especially love when they are in a sweet dessert and for those of you who know me, know that I don't really love pie. I generally make an exception for only two: sweet potato and banana cream. However, I still don't love the whole crust thing.* So, I found a great alternative: Not Yo Mama's Banana Cream Pie. (I didn't name it!)

I first encountered this sweet treat about 5 years ago, after my friend Ashley's mom (Linda Groom) made it during one of her all you can eat food extravaganzas. It took me a really long time to find a recipe for it, but I finally have and it's perfect. Feel free to even mix it up and make individual servings in ramekins for a classier, more intimate look. It's delicious creamy and perfect for any season.

Ingredients:
  • 2 Bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies**
  • 2-3 medium sized Bananas, Sliced (add more if it suits you)
  • 2 Cups Milk
  • 1 5-ounce Box Instant French Vanilla Pudding
  • 1 8-ounce Package Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1 14-ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1 12-ounce container Cool Whip

Directions:
  1. Line the bottom of a 13X9X2 inch dish with one bag of cookies and put bananas on top.
  2. Blend Milk with the Pudding mix in electric mixer. Set aside.
  3. Beat Cream Cheese and Condensed milk together in a bowl until smooth; fold in Cool Whip. Add to Pudding mixture, stirring until well blended.
  4. Pour mixture over Cookies and Bananas; cover with remaining cookies.
  5. Refrigerate. Serves 12.

*As a daughter of a native New Yorker, I learned early on that the west does not know how to make a good crust. (If you disagree, feel free to send me your recipe and we'll let the judge decide.)

**They only had holiday chessman at Smiths...sorry. 

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oooh! Oooh! I'm excited to make this. Thanks for posting the recipe :)

Laura Cañate said...

I am obsessed with this! I hate that it is sitting in our fridge! I don't want to eat it all, but I have no choice!

Rebecca said...

I have made it before and am making it again on Sunday. Everyone loved it - and ate it again the next day until it was gone. So easy! and looks pretty too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails