Sunday, October 26, 2008

Simple Fudge

Simple Chocolate Swirl Fudge


This fudge recipe comes from the Eagle Brand website, but I made a couple of adjustments (no nuts). Eagle Brand is one of the more common manufacturers of sweetened condensed milk and has lots of fudge recipes. I decided that since the holidays are coming it would be a good idea to try one out. This one was pretty simple, even after I added a bit too much butter (I told you I had a problem following recipes.) The photo above is from the East Brand website, my fudge is below. I waited a bit too long to mix in the marshmallows so I ended up having a thick marshmallow cream layer on top that was kinda delicious at first, but was a bit too much after it sat overnight. However, the fudge was still delicious after I scraped off a bit of the marshmallow. The result was not so pretty, but was still very delicious. I learned that fudge doesn't have to be perfect of beautiful because it can still be very tasty.  


Ingredients
  • 3 cups (18 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 (14-ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
  • 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
  • Dash salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups miniature marshmallows


Instructions
  1. In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips with EAGLE BRAND®, 2 tablespoons butter and salt. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Spread evenly into wax paper lined 8- or 9-inch square pan.
  2. In medium-sized saucepan, over low heat, melt marshmallows with remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Spread on top of fudge. With table knife or metal spatula, swirl through top of fudge.
  3. Chill at least 2 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off paper and cut into squares. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator in an airtight container.


2 comments:

Laura Cañate said...

Diane, this fudge was fantastic! I can't wait to try our own recipes this holiday season!

Mary Michelle said...

I also give this fudge two thumbs up, even with the marshmallow scraping.

Related Posts with Thumbnails