Friday, November 7, 2008

Recipe: Cake Cookies



My friend Liz just made me delicious treats when I was having a bad day and they really did make things a bit better.  Keeping these ingredients in the house to make cookies in a pinch is easy, especially around the holidays. Liz sent me over the base recipe for cake mix cookies and you can get creative and make them your own. So here is the what she sent me:

Ingredients
  • 1 package of cake mix (any flavor, but chocolate works the very best. I used Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge for the ones last night.)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 cup chocolate chips, Andes chips, peanut butter cups, m&m's, nuts, raisins...Whatever you want!
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Combine cake mix, oil, egg, and water. Beat until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredients.
  • Drop by teaspoon about 1 inch apart onto greased cookie sheet (or one line with parchment paper).
  • Bake for 13-15 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen cookies (Um, I only got 2 dozen out of this both times...maybe I make them too big?).




1 comments:

maeveinthecity said...

i cant get these out of my mind!

Related Posts with Thumbnails