Saturday, November 1, 2008

Restaurant Tour: Salt Lake City's Best


The latest issue of Salt Lake Magazine includes Utah's Best Dining Guide, so of course I'm going to taste it.  It seems like I'll never be able to go to all of places I've listed, but I've got a year to do it. If you want to come with me or suggest a Utah eatery that both I and Salt Lake Magazine have missed, please feel free to do so in the comments section of this post. 

So, here's we we'll go :

American Fine Dining
  • Garden Cafe*
  • Log Haven*
  • Metropolitan* (we've done this before, but we'll give it a try for dinner)
American Casual
  • Blue Plate**
  • Em's Restaurant
  • Moochie's 
  • Ruth's Diner* (maybe...we'll try it again. I make no promises.)
  • Tin Angel*
Bakeries & Cafes
  • So cupcake
Barbeque & Southern Food
  • Mama's Southern Plantation
  • Q4U**
  • The Sugarhouse Barbeque Company
Bar Grub & Pubs
  • Cotton Bottom Inn**
  • Red Rock Pub and Brewery*
  • Lamb's Grill Cafe
Burgers, Sandwiches, Delis
  • Caputo's Market and Deli**
French/European
  • Paris Bistro
Greek & Middle Eastern
  • Mazza
Indian Food
  • Bombay House
  • Himalayan Kitchen
Italian & Pizza
  • Cafe Trio
  • Cucina Toscana
  • Fresco
  • Lugano
  • Settebello Pizzeria
Japanese
  • Takashi
Mexican
  • Red Iguana
Southeast Asian
  • Monsoon Thai Bistro
  • Pawit's Royal Thai Cuisine
Steak
  • Spencer's
Park City (& the Wasatch Back) Special
  • Chez Betty
  • Glitretind
  • Gateway Grille
  • Spin Cafe
  • Windy Ridge Bakery & Cafe
  • Reef's
  • Cafe Terigo
  • Tarahumara
  • Shabu
  • Prime Steak House and Piano Bar
Ogden & Northern Utah
  • Hamilton's Steak and Seafood (we'll see if I make it to Logan...this is on you T)
Provo & Central Utah
  • The Tree Room
Moab & Southern Utah
  • Hell's Backbone Grill
Places we will still review even thought they didn't make the magazine, but should have:
  • Franck's
  • Tuscany
  • Zoom
  • Gloria's Little Italy
  • Sawadee
  • Robin's Nest
So get your appetite and gastronomical vocabulary's ready for what will prove to be a delicious, yet ambitious excursion.

*2008 Dining Award Winner
**Quintessential Utah (as named by Salt Lake Magazinze)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could easily do this in under 2 months! If I ever go to SLC, I think I'm going to have to use your blog as a gastronomical tour guide, fantastic!

gina bina said...

Yum. I want to eat at all of them, like right now.

I didn't eat breakfast. This is killing me.

Laura Cañate said...

This should be fun...it will take a while, but should be fantastic!

Unknown said...

Try Al Forno's! 239 S 500 E.

A great family owned Italian place that is one of my favorites.

Related Posts with Thumbnails