Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Time to Bake! Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

It is November 4th: election day. I have been so emotionally and mentally involved in this election, so needless to say, I have been a wreck all day. I needed a treat so bad, because unfortunately I'm a stress eater. The combination of the snow steadily coming down outside and trying to not have an ulcer pushed Laura to hit the kitchen and started whipping up a go-to cookie recipe: Danielle Mathis' chocolate chip cookies.




Preheat oven to 375; bake 10-12 min

wet
  • 1 C. butter flavored Crisco
  • 1 C. Sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 C. brown sugar
  • 1 tsp.Vanilla
mix all together then add:

dry
  • 1tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 1/2 - 2 3/4 C. flour

Mix together...then add chocolate chips. I suggest using a wooden spoon or spatula. 

Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and make whatever size cookies you want. These key to these cookies are the butter Crisco, so don't substitute. 

Everyone will love these! They are Victory Cookies now. Never tasted so sweet! 

Congratulations President-elect Barack Obama! Congratulations to the world!




3 comments:

krsiti williams said...

i’ve been on a quest to find the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. i can’t wait to try these out!

Laura Cañate said...

These are the best...don't forget when you add your dry to the wet, add it slowly in batches. Add a little, mix, add a little more, etc. Happy Baking!

meggan said...

You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be a batch or two of Victory Cookies being made in the Pingree household tonight! (And by Pingree household I mean my own household, not my parents. I can not publicly comment on my parent's political affiliation).

Related Posts with Thumbnails